Sunday, December 19, 2010

Moodboard Monday - Christmas

I haven't spent much time decorating my home for Christmas this year -- or any year. It's such a busy time  that I try to keep things as simple as possible so that I don't get burned out. This year we have out a nativity scene and stockings--no wreath, lights or tree. I know, pathetic, right? But, for example, here is what our weekend looked like: 2 Christmas cocktail parties (one an hour away) 2 Nutcracker dress rehearsals, 2 Nutcracker performances, 1 Tae Kwon Do ice skating party, and all the general busyness that comes with a family of 7. Don't get me wrong, I feel beyond blessed to have all of those very happy events, but you can understand the urge to simplify where ever possible. 

So now I feel the need to decorate an imaginary house for the holidays:


In my opinion it's a real style killer (in both fashion and decor) to have things look like you're trying too hard. Because of this, I tend to mix glamorous accents with something rustic in order find balance by roughing up the pretty stuff. Hence the glam peacock feathers and gold elements in the room meet the natural look of the rustic buffet and Wegner chair (one of my all time faves)

I really wish my house looked like this right now. 

2 comments:

  1. I guess I don't feel so bad about not decorating my house that much, either. No tree or wreath for us! a few lights, greens from a tree in our yard, and nativity sets collected over the years. That about does it. :) How'd the nutcracker go? Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those plates! I would use them all year round. :)

    xoxo,
    Dreaming of Palm Trees

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity