Monday, November 21, 2011

Ummmm, hi there!

Heeeey....So, I took a blogging hiatus. I didn't exactly set out to, but once you get out of the habit it is hard to pick it back up again. Then all of a sudden this morning, the light was lovely in my living room, and I decided to snap a pic:



See that sad little yellow ottoman? Well, it is a DIY that I did hastily, and am going to clean up/ tighten up this month. I bought it for $6 at the thrift and it looked like this:


So I recovered it with some indoor/ outdoor yellow fabric:


This is what it looked like when I first completed it:


Unfortunately, I cheated and didn't use a staple gun, and my toddler pulled out most of the nailheads. Woopsie. Easy enough to fix though.

Another little change is the sheepskin covered bench in the top pic. I got a large sheepskin rug on Craig's for cheapity-cheap, and threw it over this bench that used to be in our entryway:


Now it is in our living room looking like this:


Yikes, sorry for the messy pic. Anyway, I kinda love it. It keeps the living room open to the dining room and the view beyond, while still adding seating all the while looking fairly boho-chic. And then I felt even smarter when I saw this little number for sale at Anthro for over $2000:


Yeah, theirs is radder, but it's also the price of an average mortgage payment. 

And speaking of my old entryway, it now looks like this:


I added some pics, and got a different bench from Craig's for $20. The plan is to clean up the brass base, and recover the fabric --- maybe in an ikat (no, I'm not over ikat) or a camel colored tufted leather? Or what do you suggest?

So that's some of what has been going on around here. I hope to be popping back around the ole blog a bit more than I have been. Man, that is not setting the bar high is it? Love to all, and drop me a line if you pop by--I'd love to hear from you!

5 comments:

  1. yay! you're BACK. Now, I hear the kitch re-do is a go, so I want lots of pics....and maybe we'll see it in progress. When do you start?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello stranger! Welcome back! Hope all has been well and can't wait to see more of what you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to have you back! Can't wait for you to catch us up on everything you've been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome back, doll!

    xoxo janel

    http://janelholidaydesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second Jenna's request for kitchen re-so pics once that's underway . . . Love your bench work here-- G-ma

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity