Friday, December 30, 2011

Restyling

I've been hammering out a lot of little projects around here lately one being restyling my office wall with things I had on hand at home. Here is how it was before:




I felt like it was looking a little toooo horizontal on top, and needed to be a little more dynamic. So here's how things look now (let's not call it an "after' but maybe just an "in process":




(Let's pretend like the chair isn't shredded and the flowers are full and not quite so...dead, k?) So a tablescape 101 will probably included a tip to layer items in something of a triangular form. I more or less did that on the top shelf, and then overall the three main rectangles (computer, large wood frame above, and large wood frame on bottom right) form a triangle as well.

I'm liking the movement in this new setup, and the hits from the yellow lampshades that my awesome friend, Jenn, gave me, and the mix of thrifted art, kid art, art prints, and the lovely St. Therese piece that my other awesome friend, Chris, painted.

I'm sure more tweaking is needed, and will happen, but thought I would post it so far. What are your favorite styling tips?

4 comments:

  1. so where did the family photos go? and, don't you think the shredded chair would be a good DIY project for the blog? Happy New Year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great 'in process'! Can't wait to see what you do with that chair! Maybe some high gloss paint??? Happy New Year! xo Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a difference a little height from framed art makes! I'm in the midst of rearranging and restyling, too. Something about starting the year fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you did an amazing job! I love the long desk + the frames! Style tip...how about color-coordinating some colorful books?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity