Thursday, January 19, 2012

Freshening Up

I've recently completed a few little projects in the living room. Here is a round up:

Remember these lamps?



I decided to recover the shades in an eggplant fabric:




Here you see them from the front as well as my other two new projects--sewing an oversize black and white ikat lumbar pillow, and painting a 2nd hand coffee table tomato red:



This is how the coffee table looked before:





I actually kind of liked it, but it just wasn't working in our living room. It could have looked cool with all white furniture, but I already have several competing undertones happening in here, and this table was adding too much to that. So I sprayed it with Rustoleum's Cherry Red and brightened up the trim with gold paint:


The large lumbar pillow was super easy too. I got about yard and a half of the fabric from Lewis and Sheron then measured and sewed two long rectangles and stuffed it all with fill.




I like that the color scheme feels a little daring and happy :)



7 comments:

  1. these furnitures looks good.. it is really nice looking at them... do you happen to know the factors to consider in buying furnitures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Noelle! Nice to see you blogging. Love your cherry red table and glad you are getting some use out of the lamps. Hope all is well with your new little bundle!!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I was very amazed by the way how you managed to set that up from setting the furniture specially the paintings. Any ways I just want to ask if is there any possibilities that you could help, gives some tips about how .
    I don't have any skills about home decor, still I want to try for me to save money. I was like looking for some companies like http://affordablepainterswindsor.ca to do the job. But I don't know how will it cost me more money than to do it my self.

    Thanks

    Will

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I would never think to do lamp shades in this color, but they're surprisingly vibrant and so cool looking. You've definitely inspired some future purchases for our home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obama and the left require another scandal to consider our attention off on
    the real scandals. Sexual harassment isn't a issue in our? military. It happens, but its not a difficulty that deserves to become mentioned in a speech to Naval Academy graduates.

    my homepage marcus london 60 minute stamina video

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite great info, I have been performing this for any handful of months and despite the fact that I can tell the improvement in muscle mass gains, it's been rather slow. Perhaps I am a single of those thinner fellas whose physique sort tends to produce it hard to develop a lot more mass faster. Is there a safe complement which you could suggest I take advantage of to increase the procedure?

    Also visit my blog Six Pack shortcuts workout sheet

    ReplyDelete
  7. exactly what does NSA Sex mean. I have noticed it numerous instances and would just prefer to know what NSA intercourse implies.


    Also visit my website - alpha male attraction

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity